Appointments to Outside Bodies: The Councillor's Role

As a councillor you may be nominated by your council to sit on various types of outside bodies such as community organisations, housing associations and local companies. An appointment to an outside body doesn’t necessarily mean that you will be representing the council’s interest there. This can lead to conflicts of interests between your role as a councillor and your representative role on the outside body. The leaflet and toolkit under WLGA Publications are designed to try and help you understand your role and resolve any conflicts.

For more information contact: Sarah Titcombe


The Welsh Local Government Association (WLGA) represents the interests of local government and promotes local democracy in Wales.

Tel : 02920 468680
Mail :
Business Hours : Mon - Thurs 8:30 - 5:00, Fri - 08:30 - 16:30