This webpage brings together in one location all the consultation responses prepared by the Welsh Local Government Association since 2010. These have been put together in collaboration with and on behalf of the Association’s members (22 local authorities) and associate members (3 Fire and Rescue Services and 3 National Park Authorities).
You will find from the list of published consultation responses opposite that the majority of them have been written in reply to:
- New policy and guidance developments announced by the Welsh Government
- New legislation published by the National Assembly for Wales and which is specific to Wales.
The WLGA also responds to consultations announced by ministerial departments of the UK government including the Home Office and Department for Work and Pensions and closer to home: Offices of the Welsh Language Commissioner, Children’s Commissioner for Wales, Older People’s Commissioner for Wales and Police and Crime Commissioners for Wales, as well as Natural Resources Wales.
When responding to any consultation, the WLGA:
- consults with its members, appropriate networks and WLGA advisers for their views
- frames a draft response within the appropriate directorate and by the appropriate lead officer for that policy area
- seeks final approval at WLGA political meetings and / or from the relevant WLGA Spokesperson, before submission
- makes all its responses available online
Each consultation response lists the lead officer’s contact details, should you wish to get in touch with them to discuss the content.
For more information contact: Barry Williams